while my email list piles up and i have sessions yet to be scheduled and edited, i am sitting on my parents couch with a cold, in my pajamas, sipping tea. i'm listening to my nephews drive their fire trucks around the rug in the living room, the occasional pop in the fireplace, the clicking of my dogs nails on the hardwood. its raining outside and there is a threat of snow.
its the day before thanksgiving.
there is so much going wrong in my country today. i could write about it, but what good would it do to share my opinion on top of the rest of yours? so i wont. i'll pray for my country, for safety and be thankful.
on the way drive up to virginia my sister and i were listening to a radio and a woman came on and talked about how she had just found out she had cancer. she went on to say that it was important to be thankful anyway. she reminded us that the bible doesn't say, "for" everything give thanks. it says, "in everything give thanks" there is a big difference. thats something i've never thought about. the point is to find things to be thankful for, there are always so many things. even when life is at its suckiest, you can find something to be thankful for.
I am thankful for:
- family (mostly) being together.
- three healthy (crazy) nephews that never fail to make me laugh and cheer me up when i'm down. ("just forget about that broken window aunt abbey!" -Jonathan, any time i'm sad about anything. he figures its the window i broke a month ago...)
- my dog. sorry i'm that person. i freakin love this animal.
- christmas music. (sorry again.) its almost legal to listen to it!!
- new clients and new weddings to look forward too.
- friends here and friends around the world. also the ability to connect with other believers through all types of social media. i guess i could have said community. that would have been easier...
- the ability to have a relationship with Christ. (i'm not in a spot for a good cry so i'll just leave it at that.
so happy thanksgiving friends. hug your loved ones and eat too much pie, remember to give thanks in everything. i'm going to take a nap.