this has been a heavy couple of days for me.
it hasn't been without its share of little victories but thing after thing after thing has broken, brought grief, delayed or discouraged. i'm just a little worn out thats all.
i'm not saying this so we can all be miserable together, i am saying it so i can tell you what i do when these struggles pop up and won't go away. sometimes you just need to have a little fight plan.
- i tell Jesus i'm tired and discouraged and i know and believe he hears me. even if the situation doesn't change that minute, i know Christ is in the fight right next to me and he's not giving up so neither should i.
- i find things to be thankful for. thats always so easy. there are so many blessings on my life i can fall asleep thinking about them.
- i call someone. its usually dad or mom, but we all have someone who encourages us. (tip, don't go with a friend who also likes to complain. you will be stick in a grumpy circle thats hard to get out of. call the friend that speaks truth and no matter the circumstances will point you towards Jesus.)
- i find more things to be thankful for.
- i talk to myself and remind myself of who God is and his promises to those that love him. i tell myself i'm never alone. i tell myself sometimes God leads us places just to see if we will follow, if we will be obedient and dangit, i will be obedient no matter what.
- then i find more things to be thankful for.
i think its pretty important what we say to ourselves inside our heads. for some reason we have started making our inner conversation all about ourselves and i want to encourage you to make it all about the Heavenly Father. he is right there in your head with you and he has things to say about you anyway.